and ways to keep it safe
While Queensborough National Bank and Trust Company takes extra precautions to protect your personal information, some companies may share or sell your information to other organizations. If a company’s databases are hacked, you could become a victim. Take the steps below to protect your privacy and control how your personal data is used.
- Read the privacy policies from companies that you use.
- Look for privacy statements on websites, sales materials, and forms you complete.
- Find out how your personal information will be stored and protected from hackers or data breaches.
- Learn what protections an organization will put in place, such as free credit reports or credit monitoring if your information is compromised in a data breach.
- Be careful what you post on social media. Data brokers may scrape your online profile to create a consumer file about you and sell it to other companies, without your knowledge.
Click to learn more about protecting your privacy (from the US-CERT website).