What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway.
We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account and a revolving line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Queensborough National Bank & Trust Company pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will limit the number NSF/Overdraft Item Charges per day for consumer accounts to six (6) Charges or a maximum of $192.00 per day.
- We will not charge an Overdraft Item Charge on consumer accounts for items $10 or less.
- We will not charge an Overdraft Item Charge on consumer accounts if the account is overdrawn by $10 or less at the end of each business day.
What if I want Queensborough National Bank & Trust Company to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want QNBT to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call 1-855-QNBTNOW (1-855-762-8669), complete the form below, mail us at 113 East Broad Street, PO Box 467, Louisville, GA 30434 or visit us at one of our branch locations.