Every year, Queensborough National Bank & Trust Company encourages employees to serve the community in a big way. Through various volunteer projects, each employee is given the chance to volunteer for various charities, outreach programs, or community service events. Whether it be a Food Drive, a Pet Adoption, a Charity Walk, or the hosting of a main event throughout our communities; Queensborough National Bank & Trust Company employees are making a mark.
So, have you ever wondered if volunteering was worth giving up your precious time or if your contribution would even make an impact? Fellow co-workers and community friends, the answer to those questions are, yes. Your volunteer labor not only meets the needs of those you are serving, but your hard work also reciprocates back to you, the one who serves.
Listed below are several ways in which volunteering is beneficial and how it has the potential to give back to the one who's giving. They include but are not limited to:
- Teamwork- Working together collectively as a team promotes unity to achieve a common goal.
- Purpose - Serving others will often reveal purpose and a greater meaning to life.
- Meet New People - Volunteering is a rare time when you get to meet fellow co-workers from different branches, along with current and potential customers from the community face to face.
- A Time for Fun -Volunteering can actually be a time to unwind from stress and the everyday routines of life. As well as, a time of fun and enjoyment.
- Make a Difference - Your volunteer efforts can make a life changing difference in the life of someone else.
- Acquire New Skills - Volunteering breeds the opportunity to learn and do something new.
- Accomplishment - After achieving a common goal as a team, one can feel a sense of accomplishment, fulfillment, and satisfaction.
- Gratitude- Meeting the needs of others less fortunate will often encourage a grateful heart.
- Being Selfless - Serving .others will take the focus off of you and give you the opportunity to help and focus on ot hers.
- An Act of Kindness -Volunteering gives you the opportunity to serve mankind and to contribute something positive to the world.
As you can see, volunteering has many positive aspects. Therefore, if you haven't considered volunteering in the past, perhaps you will consider it with a different perspective today. Remember, volunteering your time goes much further than earning a dollar. It's about touching lives and making a difference.
Montez D. Williamson, Queensborough Mortgage Loan Specialist
I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, "It's more blessed to give than to receive." (Acts 20:35 NKJV)