Queensborough National Bank & Trust is dedicated to protecting the financial information you entrust to us and we value our customer relationship which we are committed to ensuring your privacy. As a customer, you can help us protect your personal information by educating yourself about identity theft, practicing good security habits and reporting any suspicious activity.
Identity Theft occurs when identity thieves gain access to your personal information, like your name, account numbers, passwords, Social Security number and other confidential information to commit fraud or other crimes. Once identity thieves gain access, they can purchase items on your credit card, open new credit cards, take out loans and even a driver’s licenses in your name. They can do damage to your financial history and personal reputation that can take years to unravel.
Protecting Your Identity
Tips to help keep your personal information safe and secure and protect you from Identity theft:
- Never provide your account information and/or password over the phone or in response to an unsolicited Internet request.
- Never provide your personal information in response to an unsolicited request.
- Create strong passwords and update them frequently
- Be aware of what you share
- Keep sensitive personal and financial documents secure
- Review your account statement regularly to ensure all chargers are correct
- Check your Credit Report annually at https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action
Report fraud by calling 1-877- FTC-HELP or online at www.ftc.gov