Christmas shopping can be fun and rewarding! You want to get everyone on your list the perfect gift, but between extended shopping hours at your favorite stores and the ease of online shopping, it’s easy to overspend during the holidays.
Here are some tips to help you shop without going over budget.
- Set your budget. Write down the names of everyone you plan to buy for. Then assign a dollar limit next to each. Spending limits will help you stick to an overall budget.
- Save for expensive presents. Putting money aside in advance for big-ticket items can prevent you from depleting your accounts or going into debt. If you don’t have a savings account set up yet, we can help.
- Monitor your spending. Review your account statements regularly. Online banking is a great tool to easily monitor your account activity. You can also access to your accounts through our ITMs and on your mobile devices via our Mobile Banking app.
- Don’t procrastinate. Waiting until the last minute to buy all your gifts is a sure way to overspend. It can also add unnecessary stress during the holidays.
- Get crafty! Create something memorable and save money with homemade presents. Photos, holiday treats, and Christmas ornaments are classic handmade gift options.
- Double check the price. After you find the perfect gift, do a quick search online to be sure you can’t find a better price from another retailer.
- Avoid shopping ‘til you drop! We’re likely to keep spending once we’ve started. Stick the shopping list you created and eave the store for a few minutes if you’re tempted to make off-list purchases.
Follow these tips and start the new year with a happy and healthy bank account!
Founded in 1902, Queensborough National Bank & Trust Co. is Georgia’s community bank with more than 25 locations throughout Georgia. Queensborough was named Best Small Bank in Georgia for 2021 by Newsweek. For more information, visit www.QNBTRUST.bank and find Queensborough on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.