Helping the local economy thrive is what being a community bank is all about. Supporting businesses in the community and giving back to local areas in many ways, community banks like Queensborough National Bank & Trust are honored to play an important part in the fabric of regional economies. So in recognition of Community Banking Month, we’re excited to celebrate the benefits of community banking - and celebrate it with you – since you make up the most important part of our community!
Benefits of Community Banking
Our bankers, tellers, and other team members are empowered to make decisions at a local level. So, you can avoid the runaround and red tape you might experience at larger, national financial institutions. The money our customers deposit goes back into the community in the form of personal loans, mortgage loans, and business loans. Plus, community banks also support local individuals and organizations with volunteer hours and donations.
Money deposited in local banks, such as Queensborough National Bank & Trust, fuel local development by providing loans to area families and businesses. So, when you open a checking, savings, or other type of account with us, you expand access to affordable small business loans and home mortgages, among other products.
Here are some of the ways our customers benefit from local banking with Queensborough National Bank & Trust:
- Personalized Attention. If you own a small business, you may need help from seasoned financial professionals who take the time to get to know you and guide you on your growth journey. For many small businesses, a loan can mean the difference between expanding and thriving or stagnating until competition leaves them in the dust. We are deeply committed to boosting local businesses by believing in them and providing funding when it’s needed most.
- High Tech. High Touch. You’ll find modern-day conveniences and technical capabilities normally associated with the “big banks,” while maintaining the personal service standards that distinguish community banks as relationship lenders.
- Faster Decisions. When your personal or commercial success depends on the right financial solution at the right time, you don’t want to wait. Clichéd as it sounds, it’s true—time is money! Since community banks operate at a local level, you'll often get a decision faster than if you go to larger financial institutions.
- Relationship Building. Tellers, lenders, and other team members working in a local bank take the time to build relationships with their customers. You're more than statistics or data on a form to us. Community banks such as Queensborough National Bank & Trust take a more holistic approach to extending lines of credit or personal loans. Let us put that local focus to work for you.
- Helping the Underserved. We’ve been consistently awarded an Outstanding CRA (Community Reinvestment Act) rating thanks to our ongoing commitment to serving those who need it most.
Supporting Local Charities and the Entire Community
Many local banks participate in community service efforts, and Queensborough National Bank & Trust is no exception. It’s important to us to organize events, make charitable donations, and provide resources to the community on many levels.
We will continue to support the community throughout the year, including some events in April:
- April 9th: Food pantry distribution in Swainsboro, GA
- April 12th: Community shred event in Pooler, GA
- April 30th: Food pantry distribution in Waynesboro, GA
In 2022, Queensborough National Bank & Trust will sponsor:
- Five community shred events to protect customer information from falling into the wro g hands
- Five mobile food pantry distributions to assist local efforts to fight hunger and support families in need
- A cycling team to support the Augusta-based Paceline program to fight cancer
- Numerous events and organizations sponsored by our branches on the local level
Contact Queensborough National Bank & Trust for more information on how to benefit from or participate in our community programs. We also welcome your questions on how you personally can benefit from community banking!