October 12 is National Farmers Day, which marks the harvest season and honors all of the individuals who work hard to grow the food and raise livestock that feed the nation. October is also National Farm to School Month, which emphasizes the importance of including agricultural learning in all levels of K-12 education.
At Queensborough National Bank & Trust, we offer financing and support for farmers who grow cotton, peanuts, and other crops, as well as those who run dairy, poultry, and cattle operations. Our agricultural lending team is uniquely plugged into the needs of farmers and agribusiness owners. Remember, local lenders help keep your money in the community. Of course, we also support local causes to help build a stronger community.
Farmers Lending a Helping Hand to Farmers
The bank also does a fair amount of real estate-backed farming loans, as well as financing for equipment, supplies and livestock. But that’s not what makes us uniquely qualified. It’s the people we hire to take care of our farming customers, such as Kevin Cobb, Vice President of Agricultural Lending at Queensborough.
Kevin has a generational farm of his own and grows cotton, peanuts, and grain. His family also raises cows. It’s no surprise then, he can provide an insider’s perspective for agricultural business owners looking for the best financial solution.
“We have a pretty diversified portfolio here at the bank. For example, we offer FSA 9010 lending, a government-backed program that benefits younger and less experienced farmers. It a great financing option to help them get started,” Kevin Cobb said.
What’s a good day for Kevin and his team? When farmers come in, ask for financial advice, then put it to use and watch their business grow!
How an Agricultural Loan Can Help Your Business Grow
Here are just some of the ways that agricultural loans available at Queensborough National Bank & Trust can keep your business productive and profitable.
- Buying Farm Equipment. In order to run a successful growing operation, you need specialized equipment. From irrigation systems to tractors to silos, the right equipment can help your farm thrive.
- Purchasing Supplies. Whether you need a truckload of specialty seedlings or a herd of cattle, you need a financial partner willing to believe in and invest in your future.
- Keeping the Lights On. If you need cash to keep your business afloat during the slow season or a price drop, talk to your local loan officer at Queensborough for assistance.
- Investing In Growth. You can also use an agricultural loan to buy land or grow your business in other ways that require significant investment.
- Automating Operations. Younger farmers are embracing technology to automate harvesters and tractors that drive themselves. You can get the funding you need to keep up in this arena.
Besides government-backed farm loans, we also offer business loans, which may provide additional funding opportunities.
You Can Reach Out to the Agricultural Lending Team at Queensborough
Vice President, Agricultural Lending
Queensborough National Bank & Trust will celebrate National Farmers Day and National Farm to School Month in October. Contact us today to learn about agricultural farming loans available to grow your business.